Monday, February 8, 2010

Never blogged before

Okay, so i've never blogged before. It's been my understanding that blogging is typically reserved for those who like to rant and rave about whatever hot topic may be in this weeks press. So, what is in this weeks press? Anyone catch the Superbowl (thats rhetorical; of course you did!). Ow bout dem der Nawlin Saints! I haven't tuned into the news today but I imagine there has been a lot of talk about how great this is for the city of New Orleans and blah, blah, blah. That may seem heartless (blah, blah, blah), but really it's a football game. Granted, it is the biggest football game and apparently it was the single most watched show EVER!, but what did this victory really do for the city of New Orleans? A moral victory? Okay, I guess I'll buy that. It's great that the people of New Orleans have something to smile about but, wouldn't it have been a bigger moral victory if New Orleans had gotten the help it needed (and still does need). I mean, what does the Superbowl say about American priorities? I'm including myself in this. I was rooting the Saint's on, just like the rest of the people who didn't lift a finger for Katrina victims. It's really sad actually. As we all sat on our comfortable couches with a nice cold beer and plenty of food (much of which got thrown away), watching a game on our flat screen High Definition television, nearly 200,000 people lied dead in mass graves just a few hundred miles off our coast. Man, if Haiti could only win a Superbowl, things might not seem so bad (please detect the sarcasm there).

No comments:

Post a Comment